In case you missed our announcement on April 8, please help us welcome our newest addition to the Romance University faculty: Carrie Spencer! Carrie has been a regular reader and participant at RU since the early days. With her knowledge of our mission, her technical background and outgoing personality, Carrie was a perfect match for our faculty needs.
Mon, 4/12 – Crafting Your Career: Border’s book buyer Sue Grimshaw tells us how all those lovely books get onto the shelves.
Wed, 4/14 – Anatomy of the Male Mind: Wayne Levine’s back to reveal how a ropes course can teach guys to become better men. Don’t miss this insightful conversation.
Fri, 4/16 – Chaos Theory of Writing: Managing Editor Theresa Stevens starts a new lecture series about writing effective sentences. She’ll begin with the five major verb tenses and why traditional grammar instruction on tenses doesn’t do fiction writers much good. Wanna talk to a grammar guru? Be sure to stop by!
Remember, 2010 is the Year of the Sub-genre at Romance University. Each month, we will poke, prod, and beg publishing professionals close to the sub-genre to give us the latest information. Is it hot? Is it not? On April 2, we highlighted erotic romance with author Eden Bradley. Be sure to check it out!
All Romance University lectures are generously provided by our Visiting Professors. RU is a tuition-free zone!
Tracey Devlyn, Kelsey Browning & Adrienne Giordano
PS - Want RU’s weekly lecture schedule in a cool new email format straight to your in-box? Sign up on RU’s homepage or any of the lecture posts!
- Weekly Lecture Schedule for April 19-23: Marjorie M. Liu, Kelsey Browning, Jeannie Ruesch & Margie Lawson
- Weekly Lecture Schedule for April 26-30: Angela Knight, Laurie London, John Warwick Arden & Keena Kinkaid
- Weekly Lecture Schedule for April 5 – 9: C.J. Redwine, Marital Rating Charts & Jade Lee/Kathy Lyons
- Weekly Lecture Schedule for May 10-14, 2010: Karin Harlow, Wayne Levine & Sally Bayless
- Weekly Lecture Schedule for March 15-19, 2010: Michelle Buonfiglio, The Man Panel & Editor Theresa Stevens