October 4-15, 2010, Kelsey will be teaching an online class through Yellow Rose RWA called “Texas: A Whole ‘Nother Country.”
Course description: A down and dirty, whirlwind ride through the country (oops, the state) of Texas. The class will cover the diverse geography of this 260,000+ square mile stretch of land. Texas history will be touched on; however, history is not the class focus. Other topics include cultural influences, weather, flora and fauna, industry and the arts. Some myths will be debunked and others will be reinforced. Highlights include eatin’ like a Texan and talkin’ Texan.
Kelsey is a born and bred northeast Texas girl. She grew up in a town with a population of 1500 people, one red light and a Dairy Queen. She’s lived in locations stretching from Hallsville to Houston until four years ago when she moved with her family to Qatar. Her qualifications include a love of Stevie Ray Vaughan, a short-lived stint as a barrel racer, a vocabulary that includes the phrase “fixin’ to,” two degrees from Texas A&M University and pictures proving she had Texas Big Hair in the 80s and early 90s.
- A Year in the Life of a Debut Author by Kelsey Browning
- April Online Class Giveaway with Yellow Rose RWA
- Can a Published Author Find Life Balance? by Kelsey Browning
- 5 Secrets to Writing Success by Kelsey Browning
- Five Lessons Writers Can Learn from a Two-Year-Old by Kelsey Browning