Posted On July 25, 2011 by Print This Post

Should You Make Your Romance Novel Erotic? by Jennifer Probst

Please help me welcome author Jennifer Probst to RU! I had the good fortune of meeting Jennifer at RWA’s conference last year. We chatted over breakfast, and then touched based after the conference via email. Before I knew it, we had a first date setup. Well, blog date, that is. I couldn’t be more excited to introduce Jennifer to the RU Crew.

Take it away, Jen!

The romance industry, like any genre, is constantly changing. As a writer, one of the first pieces of advice I was given time and time again is the following: Write the book of your heart and don’t write to the hottest trend in the marketplace, because by the time you’ve finished your manuscript, what was hot when you started may no longer be popular. When a multi-published author who frequents the NYT bestseller list spoke at an RWA conference, she shared a way to break into a market while increasing sales and still staying true to her style of writing.  She took the “marriage of convenience” theme and placed it into a paranormal story.  By doing this she was able to tell her type of story in a paranormal setting, allowing her to tap into a popular market.

Erotic romance is smoking hot, pardon the cliché. More and more publishers, especially in the e-book market, have seen a growing demand for this type of book and are opening up more venues to cater to these readers. The erotic marketplace is also seeing the expansion of more  m/m and f/f , BDSM, and other once forbidden taboos. With the increased popularity of e-books, readers have gained the power of anonymity.  The purchaser can now enjoy an erotic read without succumbing to the scrutiny of others.

With the rising popularity of the erotic romance,  a question has been raised – Can your current romance be written for the erotic market?

This is a serious question that should be considered, but first, you must know yourself as a writer. If the idea of writing a sex scene causes you to blush and shudder, this market is not for you. If you do not enjoy reading erotic romances, you will probably not enjoy writing them.

It is also important to research various publishers to pinpoint the type of stories you enjoy reading, the quality, and the reputation of the publisher. With a growing number of small e-presses, you need to carefully read guidelines to see what each publisher accepts, and what you are comfortable writing. If you target a certain publisher, read many books to get a feel for the writing and the quality of the line.

If you are comfortable writing a sex scene, it’s a good idea to take a step back and look at your book. The key to a good erotic romance is to make sure the sex scenes are integral to the story. You can’t expect to take a regular romance novel, add additional sex scenes, and sell it as erotic.  If you prefer a bit of an edge to your love scenes, and can handle more graphic language, you may be able to re-write the book for this market. The erotic market is wide open for all genres: paranormal, contemporary, historical and Regency.  Each publisher has different requirements. Some need a certain amount of sexual scenes and others say as long as it blends with your particular story, there is no agreed number. Frank language is encouraged so if you are uncomfortable naming the terms of the body and prefer rose-colored, soft phrases, again this market may not be for you. But, if you’ve been looking to stretch and develop your writing into something different, to challenge yourself, you may want to try.

Romance Writers of America (RWA) special interest chapter, Passionate Ink, define erotic romance novels as stories written about the development of a romantic relationship. The sex is an inherent part of the story, character growth, and relationship development, and couldn’t be removed without damaging the storyline.

Erotic romances differ from erotica. In an erotic romance, there must be a happily ever after. With erotica, the relationship does not have to end happily. The following description was taken from the Ellora’s Cave website, defining the important difference between these two terms:

” Erotic romance is defined by us as: any work of literature that is both romantic and sexually explicit in nature. Within this genre, the main protagonists develop “in love” feelings for one another that culminate in a monogamous relationship. Ellora’s Cave Romantica® must be both erotic and romantic. We also publish  EXOTIKA™, our line of quality erotica for women. These stories focus on a woman’s sexual journey or adventures. Although they may contain a romance, they do not have to include that as the primary focus, the relationship does not need to be monogamous or end with commitment.”

For the erotic romance, authors must have a skill for focusing on the art of physical lovemaking, developing conflict, and keeping a strong love story between the main characters to the very last page.

Most markets require a strong romantic connection with a happily ever after, and sexual monogamy. Other markets will let you explore threesomes, bondage, and any other sexual exploration the author is willing to examine. As in all romances, the bottom line remains key: write a great story with characters we care about. An erotic romance may contain more explicit sexual scenes, but it must enhance the relationship and development of story and character.

When I first sold my novella, “Masquerade” in Secrets Volume 11 to Red Sage Publishing, I specifically focused on mingling the level of sexual exploration along with my character’s growth. My heroine came from a repressed background and was taught to deny her sexuality. By using the setting of a masquerade ball, she was able to cover her face and allow herself freedom in expressing herself. This sexual freedom eventually opened her emotions and connected her deeper to the hero.  The sex scenes became integral to the story and not just thrown into the book to fit the erotic category.

So, if you are ready to try and develop the story to fit the erotic category, look at these main points.

1. Your sex scenes. They must be frank, riveting, and move the story along. Terms consistently used in many erotic romances include the following: pussy, penis, ass, cock, clit, etc. These words are not peppered into the scene just to make the romance erotic, but must fit the love scene and the characters. Also, make sure each character matches the sexual experience. If you have a virginal heroine, you may want to ramp up your hero’s background and have him use explicit language and initiate her into the experience. If your heroine is more contemporary and edgy, having her as the aggressor can be exciting. You can also take the opportunity to allow your character to express more sexual freedom that may not match her outward appearance. This is a great way to deepen your character.
  2. Secondary characters and subplots should not overtake over the story. This is not the time to shove the best friend at your reader continuously, unless she is developing her own physical relationship or setting the stage for a sequel. Erotic romances focus tightly on the main characters and their relationship.
  3. The sexual tension and relationship should be the main stage. In erotic fiction, the sexual relationship between the characters takes the main stage. You may need to write more scenes or intensify the physical relationship to make the sale. Extra characters chitchat, or too much plot without the physical connection may dilute the story.
  4. Conflict. Conflict will raise the stakes in the relationship, and the heat of the love scenes. Pit two different types of people together and watch what happens in the bedroom. This is a great way to explore character growth. In my book, The Tantric Principle, my hero practices tantra in the bedroom – an ancient method of controlling his orgasm. My heroine was a take charge sort of woman who liked to set the pace. The combination of backgrounds was a great opportunity to inject conflict and hot sex, yet tie it into my hero and heroine’s growth.
  5. Respect the genre. If you do not love or respect the erotic romance market, you will not be able to write a great story. Fans of the erotic romance genre are loyal and publishers generally want to purchase high quality work.
  6. Dig deep. The beauty of the erotic romance is the intensity of the love scenes. This is a time to dig deep into your character’s secret fantasies and fears. This is not a time to worry if your mother will ever read your book! Let yourself go as a writer and explore each aspect of sexual exploration to initiate conflict, growth, fear and love.

Remaining flexible and open to market trends is savvy business, as long as you remain true to your writing style.   The erotic romance market is expanding, with many new and exciting opportunities.  If your book has the core elements of a great love story, and you are comfortable writing a more sexually explicit romance, this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.

* * *

RU Crew, do you love reading erotic romance? Tell us about your favorite authors. For our writers out there…have you thought about writing erotic?  Jennifer’s kindly agreed to answer any of your questions.

Stop back Wednesday for author Tracy March’s discussion on Powerful Settings: Finding What is Unique for Your Characters…and You.

* * *

Jennifer Probst is published in contemporary romance, both sexy and erotic. Her first book, Heart of Steel, was published by LionHearted Publishing, and her novella, “Masquerade” appeared in Red Sage Secrets Volume 11. Her first children’s book, Buffy and the Carrot, was co-written with her 12 year old niece by Eloquent Books. Her new e-book release, “The Tantric Principle” is available now through Red Sage. Look for her new novella from Red Sage early 2012 entitled, Sex, Lies and Contracts!

Please check out her website at http://www.jenniferprobst.com
Blog http://jenniferprobst.wordpress.com or
Mommy Blog http://4badmommies.com
Twitter me! http://twitter.com/#!/jenniferprobst
Facebook me! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Jennifer-Probst-Fan-Page/111073648957581

Craft of Writing

52 Responses to “Should You Make Your Romance Novel Erotic? by Jennifer Probst”

1. Hi Jen,

Welcome to RU! I’ve heard some of the pioneers of erotic romance make a good living. Do you think writers breaking into the subgenre now can do equally well?

Thanks again for joining us today!

Posted by Tracey Devlyn | July 25, 2011, 5:09 am
    • Hi Jen. Thanks for hanging out with us today.

The idea of writing an erotic romance makes me giggle because my sex scenes are pretty tame. Kelsey read a draft of one of my scenes recently and was mad because I didn’t give her the goods. LOL.

How do you think the explosion of e-readers will impact the genre?

Thanks again!

Posted by Adrienne Giordano | July 25, 2011, 7:02 am
      • HI Adrienne! Thanks again for inviting me today – I’m excited to be here. Many writers tell me the same thing – they struggle with writing a great sex scene. I think of it as a challenge to get deep into the character and myself as a writer. There is nothing more intimate they sex, so you can learn a lot from your book and yourself. As for the e-readers, I truly believe it’s the best thing to happen to erotic romance. They give readers anonymity. They are easy to buy, store, and the prices are great so readers are able to try new authors. That’s how I discovered some great new writers and now I follow their work. I also believe Goodreads is a wonderful site to learn what authors readers love. I have a long TBR pile due to so many great suggestions!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 7:58 am
      • A –

You know I ALWAYS want the goods from your characters ;).

K-

Posted by Kelsey Browning | July 25, 2011, 11:04 am
    • Hi Tracey! Thanks again for inviting me to hang out with RU – one of my all time favorite sites. I do believe writing erotic romance can make you a steady income – especially if you begin having a great backlist. After The Tantric Principle began getting some five star reviews, many readers wrote to me actively looking to buy my other books. I also spoke with many erotic authors at the RWA conference and was told they do quite well. So, yes, I believe the market is still thriving.

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 7:53 am
  2. Hi Jen!
    I remember my first erotic romance book – which also happened to be my first paranormal book – Wolf Tales by Kate Douglas. I didn’t know much about the book at the time I’d ordered it from Amazon, only that I liked the snipet that’d been included at the end of a book I’d recently finished.

Now I must admit, at first I was taken aback by that book. Okay, maybe I was a little shocked. But the story was so good I kept on reading. Then I thought…so that’s how you write a good sex scene. And my quest for more ‘research’ material began.

I must admit, for me, the sex must take place as part of a romance.

I am looking forward to reading Tantric Principle. I have it loaded on my Kindle. Must. Meet. My. Deadline. First.

Posted by Wendy S. Marcus | July 25, 2011, 8:17 am
    • Hi Wendy! Yes, I think we all remember our first foray into erotic romance. Mine was the first volume of Secrets by Red Sage. I had to order it via mail, because erotic romance was not in the stores back then (why do I suddenly feel old!). I remember how thrilled I was to finally find a romance that incorporated more realistic sex into a great story and I knew I’d write for them one day. And here I am! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy The Tantric Principle. But meet your deadline first please!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 8:24 am
  3. Great article, Jen! Interesting how e-readers have had such an effect on erotica. It totally makes sense, of course. Good luck!

Posted by Aimee Carson | July 25, 2011, 8:23 am
  4. Hi Jen–
    I think everything you said is completely right on. I like your list and your descriptions. Very well written, great article.

Rebecca

Posted by Rebecca Royce | July 25, 2011, 8:33 am
  5. Morning Jen!

I agree about the ereaders boosting sales – I remember when I was 16 having to rip the covers off my books before I went to school or on a bus trip. Tragedy!

My big question is, what kind of research do you do? Do you learn most of it by reading other erotica?

thanks for posting with us today!

=)

Posted by Carrie Spencer | July 25, 2011, 8:34 am
    • I cannot wait to see the answer to this question! LOL. :)

Posted by Adrienne Giordano | July 25, 2011, 10:09 am
    • Morning, Carrie! It’s an absolute pleasure to post with RU. As for research – ah, a sticky subject! My poor husband gets comments left and right, with raised eyebrows and “So, how about your wife’s research!” First off, reading tons of great erotic romance is key. You take what you like and spin it in your own version. Second, fantasy is important, as it relates to the character. I get deep into my character and think about what her or his sexual fantasies would be, and that opens the door for experimentation. And three, definitely stretch yourself a bit. Get out of the comfort zone, because in anything, I think it makes a big difference in how you write. Great question!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 10:12 am
  6. Jen: I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading erotic romance. For me fiction, and romance fiction in particular, is an escape, a private indulgence (although I don’t give a darn who sees my book covers – let them be a Judgey-McJudge if they want)and I love to escape into a world of total sexual freedom at times.

The stuff I write is targeted for Harlequin Blaze (which means I have to adhere to one man/one woman) but I love the opportunity that a well-written sex scene adds to my character’s development. Someone once said “You gotta get naked to get naked” and it is so true. When you take your clothes off, you expose something of your inner self even if only to yourself and with that realization comes growth. Sex scenes are some of my favorite things to write and they always teach me somehting about my characters that I never knew.

Thanks for the great post!
    Robin

Posted by Robin Covington | July 25, 2011, 8:40 am
    • You gotta get naked to get naked. I love this quote, Robin. It’s so true!

Posted by Adrienne Giordano | July 25, 2011, 10:12 am
    • HI Robin, Ah, so well said. I once did a post on my personal blog entitled, Write Naked. I have always geared my novels around a great sex scene, because it goes hand in hand with vulnerability and fear and a mess of other emotions. I love reading different erotic romances because I am always surprised and get a fresh perspective. Good for you – I love the hot covers too and I don’t use a pseudonym for my erotic writing. I’m proud of it! So glad you enjoyed the post and am happy you stopped by to chat!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 10:15 am
  7. Me again!

For those who struggle to write erotic romance or any sex scene, one of my favorite books on craft is “Passionate Ink: A Guide to Writing Erotic Romance” by Angela Knight.

Have you read it?

Posted by Robin Covington | July 25, 2011, 8:44 am
  8. Hi Jen,

I submitted a manuscript to my editor. She informed me it was too hot and sent it to another editor. Her response: too tame. I’m Goldilocks in search of just right.

Posted by Mary Jo Burke | July 25, 2011, 8:49 am
    • HI Mary Jo, Please don’t give up, you are just waiting to find the right home. I had to revise my manuscript “Masquerade” several times before I reached a good heat level I was happy with. Each publisher has different guidelines as to heat level. I do remember my editor stating to me she had a reader who was rejected for her ms being too hot and immediately said, “Send it to Red Sage.” They bought it. Your editor knows what’s right for the market, you just need to find the right fit. Good luck!! PS: hmmm, a Goldilocks erotic novel sounds like an idea…

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 10:20 am
  9. I love the tip about taking what you love to write and tweaking it a little to find it a place in the market. That sounds like excellent advice, whether you’re writing erotica or something else.

Great post, Jen!

Posted by Regina Richards | July 25, 2011, 8:59 am
  10. Good morning, Jen!

Thanks for hanging out at RU. Mary Jo’s comment struck a cord with me because I don’t write erotic romance per se (although my first MS was a Blaze target so you can get a feel for my general heat level :)).

What suggestions do you have for our readers on how to learn to write a highly charged–both physically and emotionally–love scene? Before I wrote my very first sex scene, I read a couple from my fave authors to put me “in the mood” – LOL.

Also – any thoughts on how to handle a hot (perhaps not erotic) story that also has a child in it as a secondary character, maybe either the H or H’s son or daughter?

Thanks so much!

Posted by Kelsey Browning | July 25, 2011, 9:04 am
    • HI Kelsey! These are some great questions. First off, to write a highly charged love scene you need to make sure it’s the right place in the scene with the characters. It needs to feel exciting to you. Trust me, if you are just typing out body parts and not involved, the reader won’t be. Put them in a hot place of conflict, tune out the world, put on some great music and let go. Really concentrate on delving into your fantasies. I do this by pumping up my Ipod to some sexy tunes, and write them late at night when everyone’s in bed and the house is quiet. Once you get more experienced, I have written these scenes in my office while my kids play behind me lol! But it took some time to get there! Sip a glass of wine. And reading other erotic romances to see what you like is great advice.
      Now, as for the sexy romance with a child in it, you need to balance the novel appropriately. Find ways when the child is safely out of the scene to indulge the characters. A sleepover at an aunt’s or friends place can set the mood for a crazy night. Or a date on the town gives all sorts of opportunities for outdoor sex, car, or foreplay at the restaurant under the table. Anything goes once creativity comes in hand. Again, it needs to match the scene. A reader will not be into the scene if they are screaming like mad and the child is in the next room – lol!! Let me know if you have any further questions or if I didn’t answer this with enough detail!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 10:38 am
  11. Hi, Jennifer.

I write erotic romance exclusively. Some of it is kinky, some is mainstream. When I wrote my first published work in the 1990s, the editor told me that every 7 pages had to be a sex scene. Every 7 pages! Talk about too much of a good thing!

You make a good and pertinent point, Jennifer, when you say that the sex has to further the story, not just add the buffalo sauce. If you’re counting up the sex scenes or somehow pushing them to be one-per-chapter (or some similar metric), you’re off the mark and have lost your story.

Great post!
    Patricia

Posted by Patricia Green | July 25, 2011, 9:34 am
    • Hi Patricia – Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. As an erotic romance writer yourself, you know how throwing a sex scene into a book can actually dilute the story. That is why it’s a hard genre to write in – you have to craft a balance between the sex and emotion. A great editor knows the difference. But if the story does not have enough sex scenes, it’s time to use our skill as a writer to up the conflict to include another scene or two and make it work. Easy right? Umm, not!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 10:29 am
  12. LOL – I love your comment “this is not the time to worry if your mother will read your book.” This topic has come up frequently among my friends – not just whether mothers and other relatives will read the hot scenes, but people from church and/or PTA, neighbors, etc. I figure if they look at the book covers, they must have a pretty good idea what they’re going to find inside!

One of my good friends and CPs sold her first novella to Red Sage. It was a sizzler – and also a hot romance. You’ve done a great job of differentiating between erotic romance and erotica – I know that can be an important distinction to a lot of readers AND authors!

Thanks so much, Jennifer – great post!

Posted by Becke Martin/Davis | July 25, 2011, 9:48 am
    • Hi Becke, I am so happy you loved the post. I think marketing erotic romance is sometimes harder than most, because there are still people out there who don’t think it’s like writing a “real” book. Yeah, right. I am drained emotionally when I’m done writing or reading a good erotic romance because in my opinion, emotions and sex run deep. We can only respect our genre, tell the truth – I always warn people it’s hot and not tame – and do our best to put ourselves out there. There’s a reason why the sales are skyrocketing in this genre – people like it and read it. They just may not tell every stranger they read about it. Thanks so much for commenting and posting – and I’m thrilled about your friend being a writer at Red Sage!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 10:26 am
      • Hi, Jennifer! I’ve been wanting to blog about the differences between erotic romance, erotica, and even porn for a long time. I do so appreciate this post! Becke will tell you I can get crazy when people call my work erotica. I made the decision to write an erotic romance after I’d completed a mainstream, Presents “wannabe” because I’d started reading more erom and realized I love the intensity of an erotic romance, and as you mention, the growth of the characters through their sexual relationship. These were the very elements I’d always wanted to capture in my writing, so I thought, what the heck, let me try my hand at it. And what do you know, it worked! Ironically, my erotic novella released from Red Sage last September and my wannabe still sits waiting for a home. *sigh*

Posted by Gabriella Edwards | July 25, 2011, 5:40 pm
    • Thanks Becke, but it was your “nose” for sizzling that convinced me it may have been good enough to publish!

Posted by Gabriella Edwards | July 25, 2011, 5:15 pm
  13. Hi Jen!

Great post!I’m fairly new to writing erotic romance but fortunately, I found a home for my first erotic manuscript with Red Sage. For those who aren’t sure if they want to write erotic, or if they can write erotic, my advice is – give it a try.
    I started my first one just for fun. I had an idea, wanted to put it down on paper for myself. After a while, I looked at what I was doing and thought, “This is pretty good!” I sought out advice, took an online class and found some critique partners, and guess what? I was right! It was pretty good!
    Moral of the story – you won’t ever know if you can do it if you don’t try.

Loved THE TANTRIC PRINCIPLE, but you already know that. *grins*

Posted by Roz Lee | July 25, 2011, 11:49 am
  14. HI Roz! Yep, I am an equal admirer of your work with the Lothario series. Great advice too – just try it and see if it’s something you enjoy and are comfortable with. I think opening up to a new level of sensuality helps also when writing love scenes. Getting in touch with specific scents, flavors and fabrics heighten the intensity. Thanks for checking in, Roz!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 12:40 pm
  15. Hi Jen, As a fellow Red Sage author, I’m familiar with those comments my husband gets (since he flogs my books mercilessly). “You must have a very satisfactory home life.” Wink. Wink. I must admit, they make me uncomfortable. If I were writing about an ax murderer, would they say, “Where does she keep the ax when she’s not offing people?” I just get tired of feeling defensive. How do you get over that? (Great article)

Posted by Carly Carson | July 25, 2011, 3:02 pm
    • HI Carly, So glad to see you here! And yes, it is a constant struggle because I am continuously asked why I write those type of books. I happen to be quite proud of these books so I do the same thing. I compare my books to all other genres, especially suspense where the author is not planning to murder anyone. I don’t think I’ll ever be over it, so I just know it’s part of the business and I try to think of it as educating readership. Respect us and we will respect you. Simple!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 4:43 pm
  16. Hi Jennifer!

Writing intimate scenes don’t bother me, but weaving in the emotions, descriptives, body parts like where did I put her hand (and how did it get there in the next paragraph?)requires a few tries on my part. Also, adding enough internal thought so it doesn’t read mechanically or yank the reader out of the scene is more difficult.

Thanks so much for being with us today!
    Jen

Posted by jennifer tanner | July 25, 2011, 3:15 pm
    • HI Jen, You made some great points. I find the first draft is more of a letting go phase for me – and I write in the moment and don’t worry about what I did wrong. That’s the passion part. Then I go back a few times to tweak, move body parts, put in some conversation, and then I have someone else look at it to make sure it doesn’t read awkward. Once I had my hero flip over my heroine and later realized she was handcuffed to the bed. Ouch. Not physically possible and perhaps a bit painful? Or I found my characters in a postion that had no set up – they just seemed to float to the bed without help! Thank goodness for editing!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 25, 2011, 4:47 pm
  17. Hi Jen!

Great article Jen and spot on.

Posted by Liz | July 25, 2011, 3:20 pm
  18. Jen, Jen, Jen.

You know I love ya. And I love your writing. But I am forced to disagree, based on my own experience.

My short little paranormal Halloween story magically morphed into a hot erotic novella one raunchy day. Well, more than one, actually. Of course, it helped that the hero was already kind of a sex dream, so it didn’t take too much more explicitness to push it over the brink.
    But I dare say with the proper buzz words liberally strewn about, you could tart up even the Gettysburg address.
    Four SCORE! (if you get my drift)

Posted by Taryn Kincaid | July 25, 2011, 6:35 pm
    • HI Taryn! You are a hoot! Sure, you can sex up anything but it won’t work if the story is not there. Your story was already there, your characters developed, so you just went into a different offshoot. I do not agree that your other book could have just been stuffed with love scenes and been published and successful the same way. I have read some erotic novels that have no plot, no story, and are just scenes thrown together. They may have been published, but I do not think they will be successful in a long term career or memorable. A good story is key, as always. Thanks for stopping by!

Posted by Jennifer Probst | July 26, 2011, 8:31 am
  19. Jen–

Thanks so much for hanging out with us and answering our questions. I learned so much!!

Posted by Tracey Devlyn | July 26, 2011, 5:03 am
  20. Great article, Jen! :)

Posted by Shoshanna Evers | July 26, 2011, 8:48 am
  21. Jen, Nice article. As one who has dabbled in all kinds of writing even to erotic stories. I can use some of the buzz words but not all of them. Some don’t make sense to me at all but a number I’ve used. You know I’ve liked your stories as I’ve had a semi-hand in your career. Good luck.

Posted by Janet Lane Walters | July 26, 2011, 12:38 pm
  22. So I am a year and then some late to the conversation… I am such a newbie, my first novel took a turn to the erotic romance and I am in love! What is your advise on pseudonym verses real name? Part of me wants credit for my baby if it ever goes anywhere, but I imagine that can be complicated too.
    Also as far as word count, I am trying not to be OCD about it buy what is standard for erotic romance?
    Carrie