Weekly Lecture Schedule for May 28 – June 1, 2012
Pull on your opera length gloves, Victorian-style boots, and top it off with a fascinator and the parasol of your choice because we’ve got steampunk this week!
In addition to our line-up of steampunk authors, Entangled Publishing editor Heather Howland gives us tips on perfecting your pitch and as an added bonus, she’s taking pitches on Thursday. Rounding out the week, author Diane Alberts talks about generating an emotional connection with your readers.
Mon, 5/28 – Meljean Brook Writing Steampunk Through 21st Century Goggles. Meljean talks steampunk as backward looking science fiction http://meljeanbrook.com/
Tue, 5/29 – Entangled Publishing Editor Heather Howland gives her tips on delivering a stellar pitch. http://www.entangledpublishing.com/
Wed, 5/30 – Author J.K. Coi and The Lure of Steampunk. Why is steampunk so captivating? http://www.jkcoi.com/
Thu, 5/31 – Entangled Publishing Editor Heather Howland takes pitches! http://www.entangledpublishing.com/
Fri, 6/1 – Anyone can put words on a page, but for a reader to empathize with your characters, you need to appeal to their emotions. Author Diane Alberts tells us how.
All Romance University lectures are generously provided by our Visiting Professors. RU is a tuition-free zone!
All our best,
Kelsey Browning, Adrienne Giordano, Robin Covington, Carrie Spencer, Tracey Devlyn, Jennifer Tanner, and Becke Martin Davis
- Special Event – Pitch to Heather Howland, Managing Editor, Entangled Publishing
- Get Ready for the Pitch Event! – Heather Howland, Managing Editor, Entangled Publishing
- Steampunk Week: Writing Historical Science Fiction through 21st Century Goggles with Meljean Brook
- Update -Special Event – Pitch to Heather Howland, Managing Editor, Entangled Publishing
- Creating an Emotional Connection With Your Readers by Diane Alberts