The Best Pinewood Derby Car Weights of 2023 – Reviewed and Top Rated
2,331 Reviews Scanned
- High-density: Our Tungsten is of 99.95% purity, 1.7 times higher than lead density, which means it can increase more potential energy, leading to maximum kinetic energy at the end of the race.
- Non-toxic: These weights are cylindrical with no edge, non-toxic and safe for children to operate.
- Multi Size: There are 4 of 1 / 2 oz, 3 of 1 / 4 oz, 3 of 1 / 8 oz, 2 of 1 / 16 oz, it is convenient for you to match according to different weights to improve the speed of the car.
- Easy installation: Our cylinder is 3 / 8 inch in diameter . You only need to drill a hole with a standard electric drill, then insert the weight and stick it with glue.
- Package include: We have equipped you with a plastic box with 12 pieces of Pine derby tungsten, which is convenient for you to carry.
- 1.7 times more dense than lead leads allows for precision placement of weight in the back of your derby car for fast acceleration and an edge over the competition.
- Easy to install with just a 3/8" drill bit. Drill the hole, place the weight and secure in place with glue if desired.
- Varied sizes for precision craftsmanship. Select the weights you need to hit your derby car's ideal weight of 5 ounces for maximum speed. 5 - 1/2 oz, 2 - 1/4 oz & 2 - 1/8 oz.
- Weights are non-toxic, safe to handle and have chamfered top & bottom so there are no sharp egdes.
- Each set comes in a handy, reusable tube for transport or for storage. Keep track of any unused tungsten weights for next years pinewood car race.
- WIN BY 3+ CAR LENGTHS: It's science. When these weights are place toward the rear of your car, you will have more potential energy because your center of mass is higher up on the track which will result in maximized kinetic energy at the finish line.
- STEP-BY-STEP BUILD GUIDE BOOKLET FOR APOLLO 2000 PINE CAR: Our build guide (now a physical booklet included with your order) will show you how to build the Apollo 2000 derby car. With 20 pages of detailed instructions and illustrations, this guide will cover body design as well as exact tungsten weight placement to achieve a 4.8 oz derby car with an ideal center-of-gravity for maximum speed. The final 0.2 ounces are added on race day using the official scale.
- MORE WEIGHT FOR YOUR MONEY: 3.25 oz instead of 3 oz! This means you can locate even more weight to the rear of your derby car for maximum speed.
- HIGH DENSITY & NON-TOXIC: Our tungsten is of 99.95% purity and is 1.7X denser than lead, meaning that it can add significant weight while maintaining a small footprint. Being non-toxic makes our weights safe to handle as opposed to lead.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Simply drill a 3/8 inch hole using a standard electric drill (Forstner bit HIGHLY recommended), insert your weights and glue in place.
- PINEPRO-Pine Car Derby Weights: Round Weights
- A great way to add extra weight to your car to speed it up during a race
- This package contains 3 oz. of round weights
- PINEPRO-Pine Car Derby Weights: Tapered
- A great way to add extra weight to your car to speed it up during a race
- This package contains 2 oz. of tapered weight and two screws
- BEST VALUE – all the weights you need (Putty and incremental Cylinders) in one package
- BEST WEIGHTS – Tungsten is denser that lead and it is non-toxic for safe handling
- BEST FOR SPEED – Flexible tungsten putty and three sizes of incremental cylinder weights for precise placement to make your car the fastest.
- PROVEN RACE WINNERS – for over 15 years
- SAFE: Child Product Certificate (CPC) tested by an independent lab for CPSIA Section 101 & 106; ASTM F963-17
- 【Unique Design for Faster Speed】 This incremental weight is designed for improving the speed of derby car. It looks like placed a sleek canopy on your car to takes up less space, and gives you more flexibility in your car design, therefore, making your car weight gravity concentrate in the CG area for maximum speed of the track.
- 【Premium Marterial Think of Your Safety】 It made of tungsten material which is non-toxic and odor-free (handle without gloves). Besides that, we made all edges smoothly without pointed tips for more safety.
- 【Easy to Install】 Bottom of the canopy tungsten weight is 3/8 inch diameter cylinder stud (standard drill bit size), it fits for most of derby cars，just drill a hole in your preferred weight position and apply glue, then place the bottom of the product into the holes.
- 【Durable Using for Long Times】 Our tungsten weight is not easy to rust and anti-corrosion than others, you can use it for long time instead of changing.
- 【No Worries After Buying】 We are always devoted to provide you the best product and customer service, that’s why we offer a REE REPLACEMENT or FULL REFUND if you are not 100% satisfied with our product upon received. Just feel free to message us if there is any issue you meet!
- Package quantity: includes 12 pieces tungsten weights in 4 different sizes, total weight 3.625 ounce; The density of tungsten is higher than other metals, which allows you to pack more weight in your car and gives more weight to have faster speeds on the track and finish line
- 4 Different sizes: derby weights are in different size, including 5 x 1/2 ounce tungsten, 3 x 1/4 ounce, 2 x 1/8 ounce, 2 x 1/16 ounce, all tungstens are 3/8 inch in diameter cylinders; Multiple sizes make precise placement of weight in your car for speed
- Hide weights: you can cover the weight holes with wood filler, sand or paint, keeping your speed secret safe, or just have them stick out the back looking like real exhaust pipes
- Safe material: tungsten is child-safe, non-toxic for safe handling; All tungsten is smooth cylinders without sharp edges
- Easy to install: tungsten weights cylinders are 3/8 inch diameter(standard drill bit size), these cylinders will easily into your drill holes
- HIGH DENSITY, LESS SPACE - Tungsten is 1.7x denser than lead and 2.7x denser than zinc.
- EASILY TUNE FOR MAX SPEED - Multiple sizes make precise tuning of your Pinewood Derby car easier.
- FREE Spacer Tool! - One end is a feeler gauge for easily setting perfect wheel spacing. The other end is a 3/8" Hole Drill Guide.
- EASY INSTALL - tungsten cylinder edges are chamfored so they slide easily into a 3/8” drill hole
- SAFE - Our Tungsten is child-safe, non-toxic and has no sharp edges.
- Accurate weight: Our tungsten is of 99.95% purity and is 2.7 times more dense than zinc and 1.7 times more dense than lead, meaning that it can add significant weight while maintaining a small footprint.
- Size: The weights size are different, there are 5 of 1/2ounce, 3 of 1/4 ounce and 2 of 1/8 ounce, all tungstens are 3/8 inch in diameter cylinders.You can match the speed you need to increase according to your needs
- Easy to install: the cylinder is 3/8 inch in diameter(standard drill bit size), you can just drill a hole, insert the weight and paste it in place to use
- Safe material: tungsten is child-safe, non-toxic for safe handling,the surface of all counterweights is smooth and cylindrical, safe and without sharp edges
- Package included: each set includes 10 pieces of tungsten weights of 3 sizes with a sum of 3.5 ounces, they have no sharp edges, non-toxic, safe for people to use
- Size: derby canopy weight's top is 1-1/2 inch in length, 1-1/16 inch in width, 1/4 inch tall; Make precise placement of weight in your car for adding speed
- Feature of tungsten canopy weight: the density of tungsten is higher than other metals, which allows you to pack more weight in your car and gives more weight to have faster speeds on the track and finish line
- Application: tungsten weight top is rounded, bottom is 3/8 inch diameter cylinder stud and 1/4 inch tall; Use standard 3/8 inch drill bit to drill the hole for the cylinder stud and the hole is 1/4 inch deep
- Material and quantity: package includes 1 piece 2.5 ounce canopy shaped tungsten weight for pinewood car derby; Tungsten material is safe, non-toxic for safe handling; All edges are smooth without pointed tips
- Simple assembly: canopy weight bottom is 3/8 inch diameter cylinder stud (standard drill bit size), this cylinder part will easily slide into your drill holes
- Polished Tungsten Canopy Weight for Derby Cars 2.5oz
- EASY to install - just drill 3/8" hole, glue and insert
- Feature and usage: tungsten canopy weight top is rounded, bottom is 3/8 inch diameter cylinder stud and 1/4 inch tall; Use standard 3/8 inch drill bit to drill the hole for the cylinder stud and the hole is 1/4 inch deep
- Non-toxic, child-safe for handling
- derby canopy weight's top is 1-1/2 inch in length, 1 inch in width, 1/4 inch tall; Make precise placement of weight in your car for adding speed
- Polished Tungsten Canopy Weight for Derby Cars
- EASY to install- Just drill 3/8" hole, glue and insert
- 3.5oz total Weight
- NON TOXIC, child-safe for handling
- ✔MATERIAL - Made of tungsten, no lead, non-toxic. Density of tungsten is 19.35g/cm³ which allows you to have more weight in a small volume. It may be the difference of 1st place and 2nd.
- ✔SIZE - 3 Different sizes for different situations. 5 half ounce, 2 quarter ounce, and 2 eighth ounce weights. Incremental sizes offer a more precise weight distribution.
- ✔SAFE - NO SHARP EDGES! NO LEAD! Child safe for handling. No need to worry about your child being injured during the making of the pinewood car.
- ✔INSTALLATION - The cylinders are 3/8" diameter which is a standard drill bit size. You can just drill a hole, insert the weight and paste it in place to use.
- ✔PORTABLE - Equipped with a mini cylindrical box (diameter 1.4inch, height 2.4 inch). Easy to carry.
- Various sizes allow for precision weight placement
- Tungsten weights offer superior density for maximum speed for pinewood car racing
- Weights are 3/8” in diameter
- Non-toxic metal
- Kit includes (2) ½ oz weights, (3) ¼ oz weight and (2) 1/8 oz weights
- 【Tungsten Weight for Pinewood Derby Cars】These tungsten weights are more dense than other metals. Perfect for getting your weight precisely where you need it, which allows you to gives more weight to have faster speeds on the track and finish line.
- 【3.5 OUNCES】Includes 10 pack cylinder tungsten pinewood derby weights in 4 different sizes and 1 Derby Car tungsten putty weights, total weight 3.5 ounce, which make sure that you have plenty of weight to get your car up to speed.
- 【4 SIZES Cylinders】4 different sizes pinewood derby weights, including 3x 1/2 ounce, 2x 1/4 ounce, 3x 1/8 ounce, 2x1/16 ounce. All Cylinder weights measures 3/8" in diameter, fits in a standard drill bit size. Simply drill a hole, insert weights and glue in place.
- 【Flexable Putty Weight】Includes 1 ounce Pinewood Derby Car tungsten putty weights, easily shaped and placed anywhere on your pinewood derby car. so don't leave any on the table!
- 【NO SHARP EDGES! NO LEAD!】Tungsten is child-safe, non-toxic for safe handling; All tungsten is smooth cylinders without sharp edges. Each order is with friendly customer service and warm help; If your purchase is unsatisfactory in any way, we guarantee your money back with no questions asked!
- 3.6 ounces. Will never be less can be over. If an exact desired 3.6 oz is required, do not order this. this is not a precision measurement.
- Lead Canopy - can be drilled lighter from the underneath if needed. Flat Bottom, no mounting lug. Will require gluing.
- Pine Derby Car Weights
- Weights for Pine Derby Wood Car
- Decorative wood Derby Weights
- PURITY: Highest available purity at over 99.9% pure Tungsten with highest apparent density available. This gives the powder increased weight per volume to optimize its use. Superior to lead or other materials that promise high density.
- PRIMARY USE: Adding weight to applications requiring high density material (golf clubs, fishing equipment/fly tying, pinewood derby cars, etc.). If you need to add weight in a small footprint, this is the ideal material to get.
- PHYSICAL PROPERTIES: Average particle size is 19-50 µm, Apparent Density is 130-165 g/in^3, Tap Density 10.0-12.5 g/cc, Standard Screening -60 mesh size.
- NON-METALLIC IMPURITIES: With less than 0.020% Carbon and less than 0.350 Oxygen, this product is extremely high quality.
- VOLUME/STORAGE: 2 oz/1.0 lb. The Tungsten Powder is shipped in a small, seal-able plastic container.
- Design Originals-Pinewood Derby Speed Secrets
- David Meade (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 106 Pages - 10/15/2006 (Publication Date) - Fox Chapel Publishing (Publisher)
- Troy Thorne (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 96 Pages - 06/11/2023 (Publication Date) - Fox Chapel Publishing (Publisher)
Last update on 2021-11-07 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images, Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
How Do You Buy The Best Pinewood Derby Car Weights?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great Pinewood Derby Car Weights? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching Pinewood Derby Car Weights, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest Pinewood Derby Car Weights available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
We’ve done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for Pinewood Derby Car Weights that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an Pinewood Derby Car Weights?
- What benefits are there with buying an Pinewood Derby Car Weights?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective Pinewood Derby Car Weights?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any Pinewood Derby Car Weights, much less the best one?
- Which Pinewood Derby Car Weights are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about Pinewood Derby Car Weights?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding Pinewood Derby Car Weights, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for Pinewood Derby Car Weights, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible Pinewood Derby Car Weights. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
We provide an Pinewood Derby Car Weights buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available Pinewood Derby Car Weights currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of Pinewood Derby Car Weights has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features: What bells and whistles matter for an Pinewood Derby Car Weights?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your Pinewood Derby Car Weights.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade Pinewood Derby Car Weights objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their Pinewood Derby Car Weights.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an Pinewood Derby Car Weights, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an Pinewood Derby Car Weights is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
We always remember that maintaining Pinewood Derby Car Weights information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding Pinewood Derby Car Weights is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly! We’re here for you all the time. Contact us here. Or You can read more about us to see our vision.
Q: Where’s the best place to add weight to a pinewood derby car?
A: Placing weights on a Pinewood Derby car toward the rear of the body is often the only practical place to add weight. The narrow nose section doesn’t allow adequate space for weights, especially internally.
Q: How much does the pinewood derby car kit weigh?
A: Winning Pinewood Derby Cars. The maximum weight limit for a pinewood derby car is 5.0 ounces. Your car should weigh 5.0oz to be competitive. The car block weighs between 1.5oz and 3.5oz (depending on your car design), so plan on adding roughly between 1 and 3 ounces, which allows .5oz for wheels and axles.
Q: What is the size of a pinewood derby block?
A: The dimensions of a pinewood derby car block are 7 inches long, 1 3/4 inches wide and 1 1/4 inches high. The official BSA block is made from ponderosa pine .
Q: What is the weight of a derby car?
A: Most rules specify a 5 oz. maximum weight. Most Pinewood Derby cars weigh between 1.5 oz and 3.5 oz (depending on design) without weights so a car may need 3.5 oz or more of additional weight.