The Best Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals of 2023 – Reviewed and Top Rated
2,293 Reviews Scanned
- The PD-M520 is an SPD Pedal Ideal for Enthusiast MTB or Road Cyclists: Classic SPD reliability and performance
- Well Tested and Trustworthy Design: Compact body design with open binding for easy entry and engagement
- Excellent Mud Shedding Ability: Binding mechanism design sheds mud and debris for reliable engagement and release in all conditions
- Customizable Engagement and Release: Adjustable tension settings for smooth and confident clipping in and out
- Durable and Low Maintenance: Strong chrome-molly spindle and low-maintenance sealed bearing cartridge axle
- One side SPD, the other side flat
- Light action binding makes frequent stepping-in & out easier
- Better grip on flat side for wet condition
- Dual side pedal good for city & touring
- Weight: 383g per pair. Comes with 1 pair of Shimano SM-SH56 cleats
- The Shimano XT PD-M8120 is a Trail and Enduro SPD Pedal: Engineered to enhance bike control on the gnarliest of trails
- Optimal Pedaling Performance: Wide pedal-to-shoe contact area and lower platform height for pedaling stability and efficient transfer of power
- Smooth Engagement and Release: Retention claws and adjustable tension settings for smooth and reliable clipping in and out
- Control Even When Not Clipped In: Integrated cage increases stability and control when unclipped
- Robust Performance: Integrated cage protects against impacts and chrome-molly spindle is strong and durable
- Shimano Pedals PD-ME700 SPD pedals, black
- Premium- Shimano PD-M9100 off-road flat pedals are the next generation of the flagship XTR pedals. Increased drive train efficiency; an intuitive and seamless interface; and predictable steering and traction control make the M9100 series pedals the weapon of choice for WC cycling racers worldwide. SM-SH51 cleat set included
- Perfect fit and grip- Cylindrical contact area sheds mud even better for consistent stepping-in & out performance and rider confidence. 2 axle length optionsâ€“ 52 mm and 55 mm crank to pedal center
- Smooth and efficient- Wider edge-to-edge contact area provides solid shoe-to-pedal interface; transmits power more efficiently for faster and more consistent acceleration; and better bike control
- Light and durable- S/M 10.0x10.5 cm (469g) shoe size 36-43; M/L 11.0 x 11.5 cm (514g) shoe size 43-48. Strong aluminum pedal body and steel Chromoly spindle with 8mm hex wrench mount
- Warranty and use- 3 year warranty; M9100 is fine tuned to work with both XC9 and XC7 models. Perfect commuting; cross-country; cyclocross; gravel; mud; sand and snow
- Open design pedal at an economical price
- The open binding system is designed to better shed mud
- Low maintenance sealed bearing cartridge axle
- SPD Cleat Surfaces on both sides. Cartridge Spindle. Aluminum/Barrel pedal body.
- Spindle Thread : 9/16". Cleat Retention indicator. Mud Shedding Design. Average Weight : 380 grams pair. Cleats are included
- The PD-GR500 is a Multi-purpose Flat Pedal: Designed to be compatible with flat-soled shoes for all types of riding from commuting to e-MTB biking
- Concave Platform: Special shape offers increased efficiency and comfort on long rides
- High Grip: Nine height-adjustable and replaceable pins keep your foot securely in place
- Durable Design: Low-maintenance chromoly spindle and sealed bearing cartridge axle
- Great Mud Clearance: Open platform allows muck to flow through, maintaining excellent shoe-to-pedal contact
- Weight: 398 grams per pair
- Lightweight and high performance aluminum body
- This XTR Trail pedal is ideally suited for to tackle single track and ultra-technical descents with control and confidence
- Item Package Dimension: 5.84 cm L x 11.94 cm W x 21.34 cm H
- Combination clip/clipless pedals ideal for multipurpose use
- Fully featured SPD-specific clip interface on 1 side of pedals
- Other side features standard platform for use with street shoes
- Aluminum body with barrel finish; cleat retention adjuster
- Includes pair of 2-bolt cleats; pedals weigh 1.17 pounds total
- Shimano-PEDALS ROAD SPD PDED500
- Model number: PDED500
- The Shimano PD-GR400 are grippy flat pedals with a trail riding platform that’s stable and secure underfoot
- Perfect Balance: Nine removable pins per side deliver balanced combination of grip and mobility
- Ample Clearance: Low profile pedal body lessens chance of pedal strikes on rocks, roots, and other trail obstacles
- Low Weight: Resin composite body keeps weight low at just 394 grams
- Robust Performance: Chrome-molly spindle with 6mm hex wrench mount is strong and durable
- The Shimano XT PD-M8100 is a SPD Pedal Designed for Maximum Pedaling Efficiency: Ideal for XC / CX racing and Gravel riding
- Stable Pedaling Platform: Large pedal platform and lower platform height promote pedaling stability and efficient power transfer
- Excellent Mud Shedding Ability: Offset binding design sheds mud and debris for reliable engagement and release in all conditions
- Smooth Engagement and Release: Retention claws and adjustable tension settings for smooth and confident clipping in and out
- Robust Performance: Chrome-molly spindle with 8mm hex wrench mount is strong and durable
- The Shimano XTR PD-M9120 is a Top of the Line Enduro / Trail Pedal: Ideal for enduro, trail, and all-mountain racing and riding
- Pedaling Stability and Efficiency: Wide bearing placement and extra long and wide pedal-to-shoe contact area increases stability and power transfer
- Enhanced Bike Control: Wider platform increases your control when you’re not clipped in
- Durable and Trustworthy: Integrated platform protects the binding mechanism and sealed bearings keep out dirt and moisture
- Reliable Engagement and Release: Open design and slim axle housing shed mud and debris so that you can clip in and out in all conditions
- The Shimano XT PD-T8000 is a Versatile Pedal for Urban Riding and Cycle Touring: Flexibility and performance in one pedal
- Use With Everyday Shoes or Clip-in Cycling Shoes: Platform pedal on one side and SPD pedal on the other
- Adjustable Tension Settings: Customize the entry and release tension settings to suit your style of riding
- Enhanced Grip: Platform side includes concave cleat clearance and high-grip pins
- Durable and User-friendly: Sealed cup and cone bearings allow for easy maintenance
- Fluorine-coated binding claws allow for easy entry and release
- Pedals are dual-sided for easy entry and feature strong; durable chromoly spindles with 8mm allen wrench mounts
- Low-maintenance sealed bearing cartridge axles
- Shimano sh51 cleats included
- Sealed bearings give smooth performance and long life
- EASY TO CLIP IN & OUT: With the platform at both sides, it is much easier to clip in than normal for Shimano SPD pedals. The pedal is double sided, so you do not need to figure out the right side. The pedals are super-easy to clip out from too.
- BETTER GRIP: Unlike those normal SPD pedals, Venzon Click'R pedals give your feet more solid support. The large Dia-cast aluminium with CNC finish platform (105mm x 103mm) also maximises grip.
- SPD CLIPLESS FEATURES: Full for Shimano SPD compatible. Venzo Click'R pedals bring the riding to next level. The weight is only 560g/pair, so they do not add a lot weight to your bike.
- CLEAT CAGE: The cleat cage turns 15 degree. This great feature ensures the front or back shoe always rests on the platform for easier riding.
- ORDER NOW, WORRY FREE! We're so confident about our product quality that we can provide a 2 years warranty ! Made in Taiwan.
- Axle: 9/16" CNC machined Cr-Mo.
- Body: Die-cast aluminum
- Bearing: LSL bushing & sealed, Binding: Dual-sided Cr-Mo, Tension adjustable (80~140kgf.cm)
- Cleat: for Shimano SPD Type Cleats SC-C01F Included, Size: 105 x 66 mm = 4.13 x 2.6 inch, Single direction release only, please practice how to release off the pedals before riding!
- Weight: 368 g/pr = 0.81lbs (without cleats)
- The PD-ED500 is a Cycle Touring Pedal: Reliable entry-level SPD pedal for cycling enthusiasts
- Easy Engagement and Release: Double-sided Light Action SPD design makes clipping in and out easy and stress-free
- Adjustable Tension Settings: Set your cleat tension to suit your ride and comfort level
- Cleats Included: Multi-directional release cleats increase confidence when clipping out
- Durable and User-friendly: Low maintenance sealed cartridge axle unit and chrome-molly spindle
- FULLY COMPATIBLE: Compatible with all for Shimano SPD MTB bike pedals system. Means you can use for Shimano SPD cleats on these pedals or use these cleats on for Shimano MTB bike pedals.
- QUALITY: The pedal's cleat cage is made of a one complete piece high quality steel. The cleats precisely machined with only 0.01mm deviation compatible with SM-SH51 single direction release. This ensures very smooth click in and release. Please DO practice before riding. Watch our detailed video in the listing.
- SEALED BEARINGS: LSL bushing & sealed, Binding: Dual-sided Cr-Mo. Very smooth riding.
- ADJUSTABLE TENSION: Tension adjustable (80~140kgf.cm) .The cleats tension could be adjusted by the screw on the side of the pedal. It allows riders to achieve perfect clip in and out feelings.
- VALUE & WARRANTY: Body: Die-cast aluminum , Axle: 9/16" CNC machined Cr-Mo. Weight only 359 g/pair compared to PD-M540 352 g/pair which is doubled price. We are so confident with the pedals , that we can offer 2 years warranty on the pedals except the cleats.
- QUALITY BODY: CNC machined 6061 aluminum alloy body. Very strong and looks beautiful on bikes. Size: 85 x 80 mm = 3.3 x 3.1 inch.
- DUAL FUNCTION: Riding with clipless shoes: More efficient energy transfer to pedals or ride with casual shoes with family members. LARGE PLATFORM: The aluminum body is 85 x 80mm relatively large. It ensures more riding stability.
- SMOOTH BEARINGS: LSL bushing & sealed. Very smooth and reliable. Axle: 9/16" CNC machined Cr-Mo. Double sided clipless, Cleat: compatible with Shimano SPD type cleats SC-C01F (single release) included.
- GREAT GRIP: With quality replaceable pins, these pedals have incredible grip. LIGHT: The pedals are very light compared with other similar modes available. Weight: 320g = 0.7lbs/pair (without cleats). PD-A530 pedal weight: 383g.
- ORDER NOW, WORRY FREE! We're so confident about our product quality that we can provide 2-year warranty! Made in Taiwan.
Last update on 2023-08-07 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images, Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
How Do You Buy The Best Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
We’ve done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals?
- What benefits are there with buying an Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals, much less the best one?
- Which Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
We provide an Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features: What bells and whistles matter for an Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
We always remember that maintaining Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly! We’re here for you all the time. Contact us here. Or You can read more about us to see our vision.
Q: Can you use Shimano mountain bike pedals with normal shoes?
A: While you can use these pedals with normal shoes, many flat pedals users prefer mountain bike specific shoes with sticky rubber soles to improve grip. Shimano takes this one step further with flat pedal and shoe designs that work together as a system, providing a larger interface between the pedal and shoe while optimizing grip.
Q: Which is the best set of mountain bike pedals?
A: We have found that the Shimano Saint PD-M820 has what it takes to be the perfect set of pedals for any rider under any circumstance. That’s why we have selected it as our “Overall Best Choice”. The Shimano Saint PD-M820 offers all the privileges you need for mountain biking.
Q: Which is the first clipless mountain bike pedal?
A: Shimano Pedaling Dynamics, or SPD, pedal technology was developed to meet the demands of diverse mountain bike riding styles. It was the first widely adopted mountain bike clipless pedal and cleat system and remains the reference point in pedal technology over 25 years later.
Q: What kind of shoes do you use on a mountain bike?
A: Flat pedals are sometimes called platform pedals and provide a wide, flat area for your feet. While you can use these pedals with normal shoes, many flat pedals users prefer mountain bike specific shoes with sticky rubber soles to improve grip.
- shimano mountain bike pedals
- Wellgo Wpd E003 Shimano Spd Compatible Spin Bike Pedals
- Flat Mountain Bike Pedals
- Mzyrh Mountain Bike Pedals
- Solodrive Mountain Bike Flat Pedals
- Bonmixc Mountain Bike Pedals
- Solodrive Mountain Bike Flat Pedals
- Mountain Bike Platform Pedals
- Shimano Mountain Bike Shoes
- Shimano A530 Spd Pedals